CUR3D Release Candidate 1-1-9-0
CUR3D Release Candidate 1-1-9-0 rolled out
CUR3D release candidate 18.104.22.168 rolled out for the participants of the customer experience improvement program yesterday.
The brave participants of the customer experience improvement program are already in the enjoyment of the upcoming software update of CUR3D now. Everytime before we roll out a stable release, we publish release candidates to our customers. The current release candidate version 22.214.171.124 contains performance improvements, support of multicolor gradiants, support for importing and exporting of *.wrl files (version 1.0 and 2.0), also known as the VRML (Virtual Reality Modeling Language) file format, and – of course – minor and major bug fixes.
But one after the other:
*.wrl – VRML file support upgraded
- Import of *.wrl files version 1.0 and 2.0
- Export of *.wrl files version 1.0 and 2.0
- Explorer thumbnails for *.wrl files version 1.0 and 2.0
- Improved model tree support
- support of multicolor gradiants in full color prints (depending of the import file format)
Minor and major bug fixes and other improvements
- Significantly increased model tree performance, while browsing and saving
- Files with more than 1000 or more sub objects can now be saved within seconds
- improved import and export of files
- improved lighting in explorer thumbnails
- reduced file size of explorer thumbnails
How to get and install the CUR3D release candidate updates?
Just start your installed CUR3D, switch into the options screen, open the general options item, check „Join the customer experience improvement program“ and „Auto update“, too. Restart CUR3D, wait till the update notification window appears and install the update. That’s it. From now, you will always get the release candidate updates as soon as possible, too.
And if you do not use the auto update function…
… just download the CUR3D RC version manually. Joining the customer experience improvement program activates the beta functionalities and fixes, like the VRML import support.